At Paul, Weiss, our lawyers make an impact. We’re well-known for our representations of alternative and clean-energy companies. The U.S. Department of Energy, for example, recently chose us to represent it in its new Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing program.
But our passion for public service isn’t limited to our legal work. From improvements in our technology, recycling efforts and products and supplies, Paul, Weiss is proud of our initiatives to build a greener workplace.
We’re proud to be a green leader in the legal industry. Read on to discover how we’ve transformed our workplace.
What kind of workplace do you want to join? We are continually searching for new ways to reduce waste, pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- energy-efficient office lighting, computer and phone technologies
- post-consumer recycled paper and reduced-waste copying and printing
- every available recycling opportunity, including used electronics, paper, toner, aluminum, glass and plastic
- the elimination of hard copies of electronically available documents
- the purchase of more local and organic produce, and the replacement of Styrofoam with eco-friendly cups, plates and silverware in the firm dining facility
- hybrid shuttle cars
- environmentally responsible cleaning products
Our efforts have earned us praise from the Avenue of the Americas Association, which honored us with its “Green Street” award. This award is given to members of the Association and other owners and tenants along the Avenue in recognition of environmentally sustainable programs and improvements to their workplace.
Education and Outreach
We’ve created a number of staff outreach programs to keep the whole firm green, including:
- Annual Earth Day events each April
- Interactive educational programs to raise green awareness
- Green-themed quizzes, newsletters and contests
- Electronics recycling drives
- Screenings of films about environmental issues
We are members of the EPA WasteWise Program, a free, voluntary U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) program through which organizations eliminate costly municipal solid waste and select industrial wastes, benefiting their bottom line and the environment.
We’re also members of the ABA-EPA Law Office Climate Challenge, a program developed by the ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources and the EPA to encourage law offices to become better environmental and energy stewards.